In this day and age, in the middle of such a difficult economy, people are constantly looking for ways to save a buck. Whether by recycling, using coupons, or simply saving money with cheap car insurance,Â let’s face it: everyone wants to save money on auto insurance.
Not only do we want to save money, but many of us don’t have the time to visit our local insurance agencies. As a result, consumers often lookÂ for a company that will make our lives easier by doing all of the work online, over the phone, or e-mail.
The Benefits of Online Auto Insurance
The modern consumer also prefers to do just about everything online, from shopping and paying bills to looking for the aforementioned cheap auto insurance. Some people might wonder about getting their insurance cards, but this is also easy when going with a provider online. They can easily fax or e-mail insurance cards for you to print out yourself – sometime even the same day that you sign up.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
There are many things that drivers can do to minimize their potential car insurance costs and rates. Things like taking a defensive driving course, avoiding tickets, and driving safe at all times. But would you believe that the actual car that you drive can also increase or decrease your car insurance costs?
Insurance companies are looking at the size of your vehicle and all of its many safety features. That’s why when you get an insurance quote, the insurance rep or agent asks you a million and one questions about your automobiles safety features: many of these features can actually lower your insurance costs.
Another important factor that insurance companies take into consideration is how expensive it will be to do repairs on your vehicle if and when it needs work in the future. Additionally, insurance providers consider how much your vehicle will cost them if you have an accident.
The Top 5 Cheapest Cars to Insure:
- The Ford Edge SE: The average annual premium of the Ford Edge SE is only $1,128, which is the lowest in the nation. The Ford Edge SE has become recognized as a dependable vehicle over the years, and it consistently receives a 4 star safety rating from the NHTSA.
- The Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo: The average annual premium of the Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo is just $1,148.
- The Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium: The average annual premium of the Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium is only $1,150. The huge savings of the outback are due to both safety and the savings of gas mileage.
- The Kia Sportage: The average annual premium of the Kia Sportage is a low $1,157. The Kia Sportage is the cheapest among other Kia vehicles in its category and consistently receives excellent ratings for safety with the NHTSA. One popular safety feature included with this vehicle is the rear-view camera, which is great for backing up without danger or worry.
- The Jeep Patriot Sport: The average annual premium of the Jeep Patriot Sport is only $1,160. The patriot is known for safety and savings with having better gas mileage than other Jeep vehicles.
Now that you know the top 5 cheapest cars on the market, get your cheap auto insurance quote today and start saving money right away! All of this is available through Rate Digest.